Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Anti-Reese's Cup

I love Reese's cups, especially the holiday ones because they have the perfect chocolate-to-peanut butter ratio. I have to buy a six-pack or two of the eggs every spring to last until the pumpkins come out in the fall.

Even though they're a little too new for my site, I like the old "You got your chocolate in my peanut butter!" "No, you got peanut butter on my chocolate!" commercials, too.


Marketers have no trouble convincing me that the two great tastes taste great together.

Sometimes I used to wonder what the anti-Reese's would be. Liver and onions? Onions are too well-liked to be one of the two awful tastes that are even worse together, though. What about Jell-O and any of the random ingredients that were thrown willy-nilly into gelatin in the '50s? Again, Jell-O can be perfectly fine in the right context, as can tomatoes, tuna, olives, cauliflower, etc. It's only the combination that makes them sound revolting.

I think I have just met the true anti-Reese's in 1978's The Complete Book of Beans:


No comments:

Post a Comment