Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Cooking Calendar for Cookbook Wednesday!

I have been intending to enter Cookbook Wednesdays, but my teaching schedule for fall has been crazy-- especially on Wednesdays and all the grading meant I couldn't work ahead. But things are slowing down, so today I can finally join. Yay! Since Louise suggested it, here is my first entry: Betty Crocker's Cooking Calendar (1962).


You can see I got it at Half Price Books! I tried to take the tag off, but it didn't want to come and I didn't want to make a mess, so I tell myself it will look pretty retro in 30 years or so. ;-)

I've been exploring this book on the first post of the month for the past year. In case you want to see more, here's


Enjoy! I hope to see you next week as part of Louise of Months of Edible Celebrations's Cookbook Wednesday!


6 comments:

  1. Wonderful Poppy!!! Exactly how I was hoping you would share. As for that tag, have you ever tried Goo-Be-Gone? It usually works for me and doesn't harm the book in the least:)

    Thank you sooooo much for joining Cookbook Wednesday. As I've said before, this Betty Crocker Cooking Calendar Cookbook was the inspiration for my blog:) Thanks Poppy, you made my day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad I finally had a chance to participate! I haven't tried that cleaner-- I was afraid it might ruin the cover. Good to know that it should be okay, as long as I can keep from getting it on the pages themselves! I'm kind of a klutz.

      Delete
  2. It looks like a great book. I have a pie cookbook arranged by seasons, and it's a great concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something appealing about calendar cookbooks. They make me think of the nice aspects of every season.

      Delete